Make a complaint

We’re really sorry you’re not happy. We want to sort things out for you quickly.

At White Rose Energy, we’re committed to making sure that you receive an excellent service from us and we strive to get things right first time for our customers. However, we know that occasionally something might go wrong. If this does happen, just give us a call and we’ll make sure that we put it right for you quickly.

If you do make a complaint about any aspect of our service, please rest assured that we’ll take your complaint seriously. We’ll work hard to resolve the problem and learn from your feedback so we can improve the way we deliver our services in the future. We’ll also keep you informed throughout the process so you know what is happening every step of the way.

If your complaint is about a problem with the delivery of your gas or electricity, we will pass it on to your network supply operator to investigate, as they are responsible for this.

Tell us if you’re not happy

If you’re unhappy with our service, we want to know about it right away so we can get it fixed quickly.

You can contact us by:

If we can’t sort out your problem straight away, we’ll aim to get back to you the following day.

If you’re still not happy

We’ll talk to you about how we can work together to sort it out. You can also ask us to undertake an internal review of how we’re handling your complaint. We’ll work hard to try and get a result that you’re happy with - but if you’re not, we’ll look into things again and you’ll receive what is called a ‘Final Response’. This means that we haven’t been able to resolve things for you. In the letter, we’ll recap what’s happened and what we have suggested – and give you contact details for the Energy Ombudsman.

To resolve your complaint we will:

  • Give you an explanation about what went wrong.
  • Put things right quickly.
  • Apologise if we’ve made a mistake.
  • Offer compensation (if it’s appropriate). As we are not for profit company we are different to other energy suppliers and will only pay compensation where financial harm has been caused by us or our business partners .

Independent Advice

For free, impartial energy advice you can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau. They can help and advise about getting help paying your energy bills, choosing the tariff that’s right for you and your circumstances, and comparing energy suppliers. You can call them on 03444 111 444. Alternatively visit their website @

The Energy Ombudsman

This is an independent organisation that offers a free service to help resolve things between us once you’ve had our Final Response (or eight weeks since you complained and we still haven’t fixed things). They will make their decision and if you agree, we have to act on the way they say. This may mean we have to apologise, explain what has gone wrong, correct the problem or give you a financial award. You do not have to accept their decision.

You can contact the Energy Ombudsman by:

  • Telephone: 0330 440 1624
  • Textphone: 0330 0440 1600
  • Fax: 0300 440 1625
  • Email:
  • Post: Ombudsman Service: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington WA4 9DF

To find out more about the Energy Ombudsman, visit

Find out how we are performing

We're a new company so can't really talk about complaints performance just yet. However, we take this very seriously and we will report on complaints openly as soon as we have been active for a few months and have data to share.